The Hardware and Systems Security (HSS) graduate certificate is a distinctive offering that provides comprehensive training and education on all aspects of hardware security and its interaction with software and systems security. This nine-credit-hour certificate program provides students with a solid foundation of security issues and solutions related to electronic hardware. Advanced courses focus on specialized attacks and defense mechanisms for different types of hardware and different application areas. Successful completion will prepare a student for a career in hardware and systems security. The HSS certificate is available both on-campus and online via the ECE-EDGE program.
Requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Students Admission
The program is open to current UF graduate students as well as non-degree-seeking students. The non-degree seeking application deadlines for the ECE department are:
- Fall: August 5
- Spring: December 16
- Summer: April 25
Requirements for Student Admission
Admission requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a similarly appropriate major (as defined by the ECE department) from a regionally accredited institution. In the certificate application process, the Office of Admissions must complete the following review before your application is referred to your department:
- Determination of satisfactory conduct record
- Application fee payment of $30 plus a $7 processing fee
- Validation of transcripts and degrees
- Verification of residency classification
The Office of Admissions cannot forward an application for the HSS certificate program to the ECE department for review until all materials and transcript(s) have been received.
Currently enrolled UF students
You will need your GatorLink username and password to apply.
Dr. Swarup Bhunia, Dr, Mark Tehranipoor, and ECE Florida Chair Dr. John Harris are featured in this video https://www.youtube.com/embed/RRMy22Ghwno
Requirements for Completion
Required Courses – (Total: Nine Credits)
To review course descriptions and syllabi for these courses, please visit our Cybersecurity Courses page.
|EEE 5716||Introduction to Hardware Security and Trust|
Dr. Mark Tehranipoor
|EEL 5855||Cross-Layered Systems Security|
Dr. Daniela Oliveira
|EEE 6744||Hands-On Hardware Security|
Dr. Swarup Bhunia
|Students must complete all three courses with a “B” or better to earn this certificate.|
Please note: Consistent with the approved criteria for Graduate Certificates:
- Application for the certificate program is required.
- Currently enrolled UF graduate students will be permitted to count previously taken coursework towards this Graduate Certificate.*
- For non-degree seeking, course credits identified as part of certificate requirements, but successfully completed prior to formal admission to the certificate program may be credited toward the certificate with the approval of the academic unit and College, so long six credit hours required for the certificate are earned during or after the semester in which the student is admitted to the certificate program.
- Credits earned at another institution may not be used to meet the requirements of a UF Graduate Certificate.
- Coursework and credits used to satisfy the requirements for a Graduate Certificate may not be used to meet the requirements of a minor.
- Graduate Certificates will be awarded after successful completion of the program and will be posted to the academic transcript. The Office of the University Registrar will print and distribute Graduate Certificates to the recipients.
- Students must be registered during the term in which they receive the Graduate Certificate.
- Students must apply to receive a Graduate Certificate by the mid-point of the term in which they plan to complete the certificate program requirements.
*The ECE Department has elected to permit this as a policy for this graduate certificate program; other graduate certificate programs may require explicit approval of work done prior to admission to the program.
Please contact Shannon Chillingworth at email@example.com, for more information or with questions about this certificate program.